Pin It Now!
The Publix Kitchen Aprons Program is wonderful.
Did I mention that my son whose a graduate of the Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute was a part of the Publix Kitchen Apron's Department? He enjoyed his time helping Publix to show how easy cooking can be.
Lemon Chicken Pasta With Asparagus Tips
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
large zip-top bag
1 lb boneless chicken tenders
1/4 cup garlic butter
8 ounces mostaccioli or penne rigate pasta
2 tablespoons capers
2 teaspoons chicken base
1 lemon (for juice, rinsed)
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to boil on high for pasta. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes.
2. Place flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and add to bag (wash hands). Seal bag tightly and shake to coat.
3 Place garlic butter in sauté pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken (wash hands); reduce heat to medium and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until chicken is no longer pink.
4 Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 6–8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
5. Stir capers and chicken base into chicken; cook 2 minutes, stirring often, to blend flavors. Squeeze juice of lemon into chicken; stir in wine and cream. Reduce heat to low; cook 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thoroughly heated.
6. Drain pasta and stir into chicken mixture. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 540kcal; FAT 19g; CHOL 105mg;
SODIUM 1040mg; CARB 51g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 36g;
VIT A 10%; VIT C 10%; CALC 4%; IRON 15%
Garlic Butter Asparagus Tips
1. Cut 1 inch from tough root end of asparagus spears and discard. To do this quickly, group half the spears together, align ends, and slice with sharp knife. Cut into 2-inch pieces. Place in microwave-safe bowl with water.
2. Cover and microwave on HIGH 4–5 minutes, stirring once, or until desired tenderness. Drain asparagus; stir in garlic butter and seasoned salt. Serve.
Prepare asparagus through step 1; set aside - 5 minutes
Prepare chicken through step 5 - 20 minutes
Complete asparagus; complete chicken and serve - 5 minutes
Watch Publix Apron's Recipe Video
Southern Jewel's Fab Finds