1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate) or candy coating
Warning: Cake Ball Truffles are labor intensive and time consuming. But, well worth the effort.
You can also vary your cake flavors.
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper, but I like to hand roll them.)
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)
7. For decoration: Drizzle with additional bark in another color, or chocolate variation, or use sprinkles.
YouTube Video: Cake Pops: Tips, Tricks, and Recipes for More Than 40 Irresistible Mini Treats
YouTube Video: How To Make Cake Mix Ball Truffles
Southern Jewel's Fab Finds