Saturday

Homemade Cookie Butter Recipe = Best Schtuff Evah

Pin It Now!

How To Make Your Own Delicious Homemade Cookie Butter Recipe


From the very first time that I tasted Biscoff Cookie Butter I knew there must be a way to make this at home.

And I bet myself that I could tweak the recipe with other favorite cookies, too. Which I did and succesfully! I can't wait till the autumn for Gingersnap Cookie Butter with a Pumpkin Spiced Latte. 

If you haven't had this, my recommendation is go as fast as your legs can take you to a store and try it. 

Then return here and try out my "tweaked" up recipe!






  1. Place 8 ounces of cookies in a sturdy plastic zip-top bag and crush into small pieces with a blunt object. I use a rolling pin, it works great!
  2. Transfer to a food processor and finish the job. You're going to want the crumbs to be as fine in texture as possible. 
  3. Keep the processor going and slowly drizzle in 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, (I experimented with coconut oil. FYI, it's delicious, too) then add 1/4 cup water, then up to 1/2 cup of powdered sugar until the paste reaches the desired consistency. 
  4. Keep tightly sealed in a container or jar and use within a week. If it lasts that long!
Other Cookie flavors that turned out great:
Gingersnaps
Pecan Sandies
Chessman
Chocolate Chip
Oreo (watch out for that creamy filling and adjust as you see fit)


Southern Jewel's Fab Finds